Goodes O’Loughlin Foundation Limited
What personal information do we collect and why?
The Foundation collects personal information from you that is necessary for it to perform its functions. The types of personal information the Foundation collects, and the purposes of collecting that information, include:
- Donors – when you make a donation, including via this website, in person, over the phone, by direct deposit, via email, by post, or through our fundraising personnel or volunteers as part of any of our fundraising events or activities or at our offices, the Foundation collects and stores in our database your name, phone number, address, email address, date of birth, payment and billing details (including credit card details if relevant), and other contact information. We will use this information to process your donation, complete your tax receipt, send you further information about the Foundation and for promotional purposes. The Foundation engages third party service providers to process electronic payment of donations, store and manage your personal information and to contact you for fundraising purposes.
- Supporters and volunteers – the Foundation may also collect its supporters’ and volunteers’ names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, racial and ethnic origin and other contact information, records of communication between them and the Foundation and other personal information about our current and potential supporters and volunteers so that we can encourage, record and acknowledge their support and communicate with them about the Foundation and our activities.
- Scholarship applicants and recipients and their family members or guardians – the Foundation may receive or request details about individual scholarship applicants and recipients and their family members or guardians, such as their name, age, racial or ethnic origin, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses and other contact information, records of communication between them and the Foundation (including correspondence in relation to scholarship applications) and other personal information;
- Educators – the Foundation may collect details about relevant educators (eg teachers, principals and school counsellors) in order to facilitate ongoing support of scholarship applicants and recipients. This information may include educators’ names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses and other contact information;
- Distributing publications – we collect contact details (which may include name, phone number, address, email address, and other contact information) when individuals interact with us in order to distribute newsletters and other communications in print and electronic form from time to time. Recipients may choose to have their names and addresses removed from our distribution lists by contacting us;
- Conducting events – we collect contact details, donation history and other personal information, including photographs and videos, about scholarship applicants and recipients, donors, volunteers and other supporters who wish to join or participate in our events, programmes we conduct and our publications. This information is used to administer these events, promote and seek support for such events, share individuals’ stories with the community and for the activities of the Foundation. With the consent of the relevant person, this information may include information relating to individual’s racial or ethnic origin or other sensitive information;
- Assisting with your queries – you may choose to provide us with your name or other contact details when you call us by phone or write to us so that we can respond to your requests for our newsletter or for other information about the Foundation’s services or operations
- Conducting our general business activities – the Foundation collects personal information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our suppliers (including service and content providers), other charitable organisations with whom we partner or otherwise co-operate with, contractors and agents for our general business operations; and
- Applying for a position (as a volunteer or employee) with the Foundation – we may collect your personal information, including name and contact details, information about your working history and relevant records checks (including criminal and working with children checks) when you apply for a position with us, in order for us to assess your suitability for that or other positions. With your consent, this information may include information or an opinion about your criminal record or other sensitive information.
Generally, we collect information directly from the relevant individual. Sometimes, we may need to collect information about an individual from third parties including parents, carers, guardians or other third party information sources. We will do this if the individual has consented for us to collect, use or disclose the information in this way, or where it is not reasonable or practical for us to collect this information directly from the individual.
Provision of your personal details is the most effective method for the Foundation to communicate with you, and to assist in the efficient delivery of services.
How do we use and disclose personal information?
We use and disclose personal information we collect to:
- process donations and communicate with our donors and supporters, including sending them information (which may be by phone, post, email or other electronic means);
- communicate with donors and supporters, scholarship applicants and recipients and their family members or guardians, employees and volunteers (including responding to queries and complaints) and distributing our publications, conducting fundraising events and raising awareness about our fundraising activities and our mission;
- communicate with other charitable organisations with whom we partner or otherwise co-operate with and to assess and award scholarships to successful scholarship applicants;
- engage with relevant educators in order to facilitate ongoing support of scholarship applicants and recipients; and
- engage in our general business activities, including interacting with contractors and service providers, billing and administration including measuring and assessing the level of support we receive and the effectiveness of our fundraising activities and assessing applicants for positions with us.
The disclosure referred to above may include disclosure to our third parties such as our contractors, service providers, employees and volunteers only to the extent necessary for them to perform their duties to us.
We may disclose personal information of scholarship applicants and recipients for the purposes of sharing their stories with our staff, donors and the community generally for the purposes of raising awareness of the Foundation and for fundraising. This may be done through publishing their stories in our publications including on our website. Any personal information disclosed via our website may include disclosure to recipients who access our website in countries outside Australia.
How secure is your personal information?
We regard the security of your personal information as a priority and implement a number of physical and electronic measures to protect it. We remind you, however, that the internet is not a secure environment and although all care is taken, we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us via electronic means.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you believe that your personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, you may contact us (using the contact details below) to request that we correct that information. In most cases, we will amend any inaccurate, incomplete or out of date information. If we are not able to correct your personal information in the way requested by you, we will notify you of our reasons for refusing your request (unless it would be unreasonable for us to do so) and let you know how you may make a complaint about our decision, should you wish to do so.
Making a complaint
What should you do if you want to access your personal information or to make a complaint?
If you would like to access your personal information held by us or wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, please contact us:
Telephone: 02 9339 9172
Writing: PO Box 173, Paddington NSW 2021